Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Samantha's 6th Birthday

On July 16th my littlest girl turned 6 ! We had such a fun day .We had VBS in the morning and Miss Sarah had the whole church sing her happy birthday. Which Sam loved. Our next stop was to drop Jake off to nap with Grandpa, and pick up Grandma for our girlie day. We headed off to to L.A. to the American Girl store. For those of you who have all boys this is quite a big deal. This is a huge 2 story store filled with American girl dolls. So fun ! Sam and Taylor brought the doll they already had and they (the dolls ) got there hair done. I know I know it sounds crazy but it was worth every penny for Sam's poor doll. She is very loved and if you look at Sam's special hair cut her doll Nikki was lucky enough to play hair dresser with her That day . The lady who took her doll gasped and was not sure she would be able to help.... But apparently she is REALLY good at her job because Nikki looked like new. Well at least for a few minutes. Luckily I got a picture of Samanthas special hair and her dolls. She told me she was trying to make her hair look cute. I told her she didn't ! (I am trying to put a stop to these little hair cuts.) She looked at me with those big green eyes and said with a little sigh I know. Sam got to pick out a new doll and a little outfit for her. Tay got to pick out an outfit also and with the money they had saved they each got another little outfit. I was really proud of myself for sticking to the budget .It would have been so easy to go crazy in this store. Sam picked out a double stroller for my mom and dad to get her. It was so fun to watch them squeel and giggle as they ran from thing to thing. It was a very fun day. Although we talked about how this would be her birthday celebration she is still a little upset that all the family did not come over to celebrate. So hopefully this weekend I will make that happen. Birthdays just need to be celebrated ! I love you little Sammy girl HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sam and Nikki
Nikki and Kit getting there hair done. Yes this is for real . I laughed to.
Taylor and Samantha with there special treats.
My birthday girl
Grandma and the girls

1 comment:

GCO DR Team 2015 said...

Happy Birthday, Sammy-girl!!!
Hmmm... I don't think I'm quite ready for the American Girl Doll store just yet :)